Friday, August 28, 2009

Today...

Today is the funeral. Can I suggest we pray extra hard for Jami and her family? Let's all pray that everything goes as planned, that it is a beautiful service, and most of all for strength and peace for those who loved him!

Here is a post Jami did a few days ago of her reflections of the upcoming service:

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26, 2009

8/26: One week

Whoever thought up the word widow, is awful. What a horrible word "widow" is! It makes me feel like I am 80 years old. But, it is the title that I have now been given by society.

I have been a widow for one week now. And I survived. I will say that the first 72 hours were the WORST to get through. After those first three days, I started to think a little clearer and actually be able to focus on some things.

I still have a hard time being alone and I sleep with the light on. But, atleast I am able to get out of bed in the morning and face the day. I cannot eat in the mornings though or I just throw it right back up. I have no appetite and no matter how much I sleep at night I am still exhausted. But, I would assume these are all normal things for just losing a spouse.

This past Saturday we went to the Gila Valley to pick out the cemetery where Kameron will be buried. As soon as we started walking around the Central Cemetery I KNEW that is where he should be buried. The view is beautiful, it is surrounded by mountains and just down the hill is the Gila Valley Temple. It is so perfect.

Everything is coming together for the funeral and I am so pleased with how it looks. It will be nice to have Friday over with, it's going to be a long, emotional day! But, we are hoping to make some good memories as well.

Today I went to the temple and I was a little nervous about going. Maybe because I didn't really know what to expect? My mind was all over the place and I had a really hard time concentrating but, as I got into the Celestial Room, I had an overwhelming feeling of peace and comfort. My life is in the hands of our Heavenly Father. He is directing my path and whatever is placed in my path can be conquered with the help of Him. It doesn't make me miss Kameron less and it doesn't take away my lonely feeling but, it does give me the reassurance that I need to make it through each day. He is not going to leave me standing alone on the side of the road.

It was a good day but it was exhausting, it sure is a long drive with a two year old!!! But, he's a trooper. Thank heavens for temples and for the blessings that we receive there.

Only one more day until the funeral ... I cannot wait to have Friday over with.

1 comment:

  1. The service was beautiful and I think it went really well. I can't believe how many people showed up! Kameron is truly missed.

    ReplyDelete